Articles on this Page
- 09/09/14--20:09: _Avast can't find file
- 09/10/14--01:28: _Shut Down Computer ...
- 09/10/14--10:29: _Avast found rootkit
- 09/10/14--11:58: _Possible virus Malw...
- 09/10/14--13:52: _windows losing focu...
- 09/10/14--14:01: _I think I have a vi...
- 09/10/14--14:31: _EDDIE!!! I've lost...
- 09/10/14--23:03: _SVCHOST.EXE is runn...
- 09/11/14--04:05: _malware on new lapt...
- 09/11/14--05:51: _Help with HiJackThi...
- 09/11/14--06:23: _Windows XP uploadin...
- 09/11/14--08:07: _malware, virus, spy...
- 09/11/14--11:18: _Me being silly = an...
- 09/11/14--13:44: _serious theats
- 09/11/14--18:14: _Java script tab pop-up
- 09/12/14--00:54: _Browser is redirecting
- 09/12/14--06:05: _The url ctsrda.com ...
- 09/12/14--12:20: _System cannot find ...
- 09/12/14--14:25: _Very slow internet ...
- 09/12/14--15:42: _HELP!! My Desktop h...
- 09/09/14--20:09: Avast can't find file
- 09/10/14--10:29: Avast found rootkit
- 09/10/14--11:58: Possible virus Malware problem?
- 09/10/14--13:52: windows losing focus, rootkit problem
- 09/10/14--14:01: I think I have a virus, malware, something.....
- 09/10/14--14:31: EDDIE!!! I've lost your post. HELP!!!
- 09/10/14--23:03: SVCHOST.EXE is running high
- 09/11/14--04:05: malware on new laptop help my dad please
- 09/11/14--05:51: Help with HiJackThis Reading
- 09/11/14--06:23: Windows XP uploading incessantly
- 09/11/14--11:18: Me being silly = annnoyingware on my computer
- 09/11/14--13:44: serious theats
- 09/11/14--18:14: Java script tab pop-up
- 09/12/14--00:54: Browser is redirecting
- 09/12/14--12:20: System cannot find the file as specified
- 09/12/14--14:25: Very slow internet page load and no printer
- 09/12/14--15:42: HELP!! My Desktop has been infected with Poweliks
Hi, I scanned a folder (with HP Games backed up) on my external hard drive with Avast, and it said "*Error: The system cannot find the path specified (3)*" about some files, see attachment. What does that mean and why does it happen?
No problem, just post when you are ready and have completed my instructions.
I let you know privately.
Fresh OTL scan
OTL logfile created on: 9/10/2014 11:42:59 AM - Run 2
OTL by OldTimer - Version 22.214.171.124 Folder = C:\Users\Steve\Desktop
64bit- Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (Version = 6.1.7601) - Type = NTWorkstation
here is the sysinfo log as requested as well.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 126.96.36.199
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Eddie, here is the scan following the OTL scan. Are we good now??
I can't thank you enough. You wrote code for me to clean up my mess. I'd like some advice on how to keep this from recurring. I am very careful to not download from trusted...
I see you found your original thread here: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1131599-i-think-i-have-virus.html
So I'm gonna close this duplicate - that way Eddie won't miss your response! :)
My name is Frank and I was adviced to move my Thread from Opsys to here.
My problem is that one of the svchost.exe is running high, between 500k and 130k
It is the svchost.exe PID: 2600 AudioEndpointBuilder,...
Hello AvandenEnde and welcome to TSG
I'm kevinf80 and I will be helping with any malware issues you may have with your system.
* Please be aware that some of the logs I may ask for can be very complex and can take a long time to decipher. I...
I'm very new with this stuff. I ran HJT because there's browser malware and other strange programs just coming up. Plus, when I try to run Anti Malware (Malwarebytes) then program\ goes to about 80% of the analysis and then the computer shuts down....
Hey there, and thanks in advance for any help.
I am running a clean copy of Windows XP, well maintained and with quite high performance. I've fine tuned everything and it SEEMS to be running very well - and fast. Everything was running...
Thanks for those comments, askey127. Before I hadn't run TDSSKiller or Junkware Removal Tool from the desktop (though I did this most recent time). Nor had I disabled Symantec before running ESET (though I have now). ESET is still doing its scan....
All but muvee reveal. The muvic took longer to uninstall an easy PC has some reminants. Both seem to have reinstalled it self a couple of times.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 188.8.131.52
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8094 Mb...
Everytime I click on anything in my Yahoo email, it opens another internet tab with this displayed:
My browser will redirect to some ad (changes each time) during normal browsing. I've tried running malwarebytes and superantispyware but still happening. Using google chrome as browser
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 184.108.40.206...
ctsrda.com shows up with nearly every screen and leads nowhere, nor does it contain any text. At the same time sliding "popups" appear at the lower left screen. A second slider comes out from the left of the first, effectively blocking whatever I am...
ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
# IEXPLORE.EXE=8.00.6001.18702 (longhorn_ie8_rtm(wmbla).090308-0339)
My friends computer is running very slowly and internet pages take ages to load. She has a new printer which I couldn't add as the printer spooker wasn't running even though I started it in control panel.
I've scanned with Super Anti-...
I know you asked me to go to the site and download it but I still cannot connect to the internet through a browser:confused: